Making your dream bathroom your real-life renovation story
With the third part in our series of blogs that will become a full bathroom renovation guide. We will show you how important it is to have the right team on your side.
The opening chapters looked at the bathroom design ideas and what experts say about the process.
We’re always happy to help with handy tips and insights.
It’s all about bringing your great new bathroom one step closer.
The ways of finding the right team for your renovation
We cannot overestimate how important finding the right team of tradespeople is to making your bathroom renovation a success.
This is where doing your own research is vital to having professionals working in your best interests.
Researching and double-checking reviews is one step in the process. Asking trusted family and friends can give you the benefit of first-hand experience. Choosing the best and most affordable tradespeople can make all the difference. You want to know that your dream bathroom is possible and that everyone on the job is dedicated to making it happen.
If you choose an option based solely on the cheapest quote, you may end up paying more in the long run and have unforeseen headaches along the way.
The worst outcome can be an unfinished job and the hassle and cost of getting another party to complete the work of some shonky outfit.
The End Result Depends on where your Dream Bathroom Begins
Here are some handy tips on helping you find your way through the obstacles of a bathroom renovation. It is a good idea to take stock of where you are and how far you’ve come in the journey.
Revisit key advice, like the following;
- Use a Process of Elimination – Knowing what you want isn’t always easy. If you want to finetune your ideas then make a list of what you don’t want and you will be guided to what is important for you.
- Must Haves vs Most Like – with a list of your must-haves for your bathroom you will be able to see where you can save money and add in a Most Like element if your budget can meet it.
- Remember The Light – your bathroom will only ever look as good as it can with the right amount of light. This can be natural and additional light. Keeping this in mind will mean avoiding the mistake of a glaringly bright room in one season or a dim and uninviting space in the darker months. Use fittings and accessories that make the most of the available light.
- Trust the Builder – try to find a builder that is open and easy to communicate with. You don’t want to be leaving endless messages and only called back or informed of a matter after it’s become a serious issue. Where possible, go with a local builder. It will save you both time and they will be less likely to deliver a poor job if you are likely to bump into them on the street.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Ask – it’s absolutely crucial that you ask any question you want answered. There is no point going to bed wondering or worrying about something that you want clarified or explained. A trusted builder will be happy to reassure you and it doesn’t hurt to ask more than once rather than be scared you are being a bother.
A bathroom renovation is a large investment. You deserve to know exactly where your time and money is being spent.
Whatever team you choose, remember to go with your gut instinct if something doesn’t feel right or it is ‘too good to be true’.
A first-hand look will help avoid you second guessing your choices
Planning your renovation is crucial but it pays to see things for yourself in a physical sense.
That’s where visiting a quality showroom can help with inspiration and help you work out what you may want to add or leave out.
When it comes to your bathroom, you would love to find all you need in the one place? Now you can.
From tapware to bathware, sinks & basins, toilets & bidets, vanities and storage, it’s all here for you online, anytime.
Shopping for your bathware online saves you valuable time and money. You can shop anytime 24/7, knowing you’re getting the best price guarantee.
Quality products from the top brands are ready for you at Bathware Direct.