Replacing a vanity can do wonders to the look of the space. The quickest and easiest way to find the right vanity is searching for bathroom vanities online. You can see a much wider range in next to no time, and you may even find a unique style online that you never knew existed.
There are five important things to check when buying vanities online:
- Hidden costs
There's a way to go about these, so let's have a look at each one systematically.
Know the correct measurements
It's the most obvious but you'll be surprised how easy it is to make a mistake. When you're buying online, have accurate measurements of your existing vanity or space to compare with the specs of the new vanities. Normally a good online store will have the dimensions all listed in the product description.
This way you won't have a vanity arrive at the front door that doesn't fit properly.
Other things to check:
- Does the new bench-top overlap the sides of the new vanity or is it flush
- Do you have tiles tightly around the existing bench-top making the measurements of the new vanity critical?
- Does the projection of the new vanity work in your space?
Buying same for same is safest unless you have the budget to fix the footprint left behind by the previous vanity. In that case, you can choose any size and style, wall mounted or floor standing.
Check the materials
Because you're not in a store to touch, feel and see the product up close, you need to know what you're buying.
A few questions you may want to ask yourself:
- Is it Australian made or imported (and from where)?
- What's the basin, bowl and bench top made from?
- What are the carcass and drawers made out of?
- Are the doors finished in two-pac paint?
- What quality are the handles?
- Does it come with all the screws and fittings?
By checking the product description, you should get the answer to all these questions.
What about hidden costs?
Are there costs for extras when buying online?
An important thing to check when buying bathroom vanities online is what the purchase price includes. It's very legitimate for retailers to request extra costs if there are variations. This is perfectly normal.
To ensure there are no unwanted surprises at the checkout, check the following;
- Your choice of colour is included in the price
- Bowl is included
- Handles are included
- Waste is included
- Is there an extra cost for soft close?
- If you want to change anything such as colour or handles, is there a cost involved?
- The cost of delivery
It's quite possible some of the features you want may cost a little extra. By knowing what you're getting for the price saves you from any frustration at the checkout.
Check the reviews
When you're choosing bathroom vanities online, check the reviews from previous customers. Normally the reviews are legitimate, but learn to distinguish reviews that are not real and possibly posted by the salesperson or manufacturer. A tell-tale sign is the way it's written.
- Is it too well written, like a professional writer? This can be a sign it's someone related to the company such as a salesperson, or a person paid to write reviews.
- Has the reviewer written a lot of other reviews? May be a sign they're paid to do it.
- Is the review generic? Look for comments like, "This product did exactly what it promised!" If it's generic it's probably fake.
- Is the review written in poor English? Contrary to what some say, it could be a sign it's real. Fake reviews tend to concentrate on perfect grammar. Australia is a multicultural melting pot. For a great percentage of buyers, English is not their first language.
- Does the review read like someone is actually speaking it? This is a sign that it's genuine.
- Does the review have lots of unusual spacing, slang, any negatives, as well as positives, outspoken personal opinions? This is a good sign it's genuine.
Of course, there are masters at faking reviews, and you'll never know. The key is to look for any recurring pain points associated with the product.
Finding the best online retailer is key
There are many online retailers selling vanities. The key is to finding a store that's trusted. Read up about the store and how long it's been in business. Usually, the longer, the better.
Other things to check include:
- Professional presentation
- Products are in stock and in Australia
- Prices are realistic
- People enjoy buying from the store
- The Terms and Conditions if you want to return an item or a refund
If you do your research, you'll find a trusted online dealer to buy a fabulous vanity, such as the navy blue satin Timberline Thorne 900mm Floorstanding Vanity with above counter ceramic basin from Bathware Direct.
Bathware Direct is Australia's trusted online bathroom supplies store
When you're looking for the largest range of bathroom products online, you can't go past Bathware Direct.
You have the widest choice of leading brands to achieve the best result. With positive reviews and a long and trusted reputation in the industry, you’ll know you’re dealing with the top team.
With Bathware Direct, the prices are highly competitive, and delivery is prompt to most areas Australia-wide.
For an enjoyable customer experience, shop online 24/7.
You'll find the best prices, best range and best quality are at Bathware Direct.